Monday 2 January 2017

BEST books for 9-12 month olds

When it comes to books, my 9 month old daughter Ira is totally different from my toddler Krishna. While he would sit still, listen to the story and look at the pictures, she either wants to chew on the book or remove it from her path and keep moving.

I found it very tough to believe that a child of mine doesn't like to read so I kept trying book after book, but nothing really worked until I discovered the Ladybird touch and feel books.



These are absolutely brilliant. Minimal text, bright pictures and lots of different textures.



I place these on the floor and read while Ira plays or if she is getting cranky and she crawls over to touch the pages and look at all the colours. We especially love the one called Peekaboo. She loves pulling on the flaps to see what is behind them and her wide eyed wonder when she sees what it is makes me smile.

Surprisingly even Krishna, who is almost 3, will sometimes come over to feel some of the different textures or to see what his sister is gurgling and cooing at.

Overall, these are a big hit and I've ordered almost all the books in the series now, just so that I can spend some time reading with my wriggly little baby. If your little one is between 9 and 12 months old, maybe even a few months older, give these a try, I'm sure you won't regret it!

P.S. this post isn't sponsored in any way.

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    TrumpUSA

    ReplyDelete

09 10